A little bit of sass, a whole lot of heart, sprinkle in some self-care and positive mindset, wrap it in a slightly irreverent sisterhood of fun, and you’ve got Finally Effing Happy! Happiness Coach, Shannon Klenk shares her personal journey, countless happiness hacks, self-care strategies, and inspirational interviews to encourage you along your own journey to joy. This is NOT a podcast about ill-ness. It’s about living joy-FULLY with chronic illness as a busy, can-do woman with kids, jobs, friends, feelings, and dreams of our own. You know a lot about you. This podcast will unlock & ignite that knowing through positive mindset and practical action. Shannon will show you how to build a self-care super structure while nurturing a healing mindset for chronic illness recovery so that you can live with joy, purpose, and energy. If you are a woman living with chronic illness, you are amazing. You do amazing things day-in and day-out. Shannon is passionate about bringing us together to celebrate, motivate and share. Sisterhood can make all the difference in a day. This will be the most fun & practical chronic illness support group you’ve ever found. Hi - I’m Shannon, Happiness Coach and Self-Care Strategist. My Primary Immunodeficiency (PI) Disease wasn’t properly diagnosed until my early 40’s. That means I’ve spent much of my life sick. I was an exhausted, single-parent, working full-time, somehow showing up day-in, day-out taking care of those around me. I know what it’s like to dig deep and get into action when every fiber of your body doesn’t want to. I know what it means to take a stand for my own happiness, and be willing to move toward it. Slowly. Steadily. But surely. If you are an amazing kick ass woman who somehow shows up day-in and day-out, taking care of your family, friends, careers, and communities, all while living with chronic illness, I hope you will come join this heartfelt sisterhood for inspiration, strength, and, yes, happiness! Learn >>> www.finallyeffinghappy.com Connect >>> firstname.lastname@example.org Community >>> https://bit.ly/FinallyEffingHappyGroup Email List >>> https://bit.ly/FinallyEffingHappyEmailList Work with Shannon >>> https://bit.ly/FinallyEffingHappyWithShannon
Thursday Jun 10, 2021
Thursday Jun 10, 2021
Never Let Disability Keep You From Your Dreams!
Managing Medical Care to Mindset… & Everything In-Between
An Interview with Alison Hayes, Founder of Thriving While Disabled
Alison Hayes, Founder of Thriving While Disabled, is as passionate as I am that dreams are possible even if you live with chronic illness.
In this interview we talk about everything from managing medical care to mindset… including, prioritizing, finding doctor right, information overload, social welfare systems, and staying in the now. She talks honestly about the embarrassment and shame people can have when needing to learn more about social welfare programs. She is a font of personal and professional knowledge to help you on your chronic illness journey so that you, too, can live your dreams, even if, especially if, you live with a chronic condition. A few takeaways from today’s episode:
- Start where you are at and work from there.
- Online communities and organizations specific to your diagnosis are a good place to start, and anchor yourself, when gathering information.
- Use google docs or notes to list your two or three go-to websites so when you are in the middle of brain fog you can quickly and clearly find those references.
- Social welfare programs like Disability, SSI, Snap Benefits, may be a part of your health equation, and, although there may be some embarrassment or shame about getting more information, it’s ok to ask for help.
- Treat your chronic illness management like a job.
- It helps to stay in right now. In other words, don’t live in the ‘wreckage of your future’, getting anxious about things that have not happened and may never happen.
- Beyond your health management, pick one thing you really love, and just do that one thing for right now.
- Your goal is to see the fewest number of doctors possible while being the best health possible.
- Don’t let your chronic illness keep you from living the life of your dreams.
Where to find Alison >>>www.thrivingwhiledisabled.com
Facebook Group >>> https://www.facebook.com/groups/207663193339740
Instagram >>> https://www.instagram.com/thrivingw.disabled/
Twitter >>> @Thrivingwdisabl
Where to find Shannon & Finally Effing Happy:
Learn More >>> www.finallyeffinghappy.com
Connect >>> email@example.com
Facebook Community >>> bit.ly/finallyeffinghappygroup
Email List >>> https://bit.ly/TheEffingEmailList
Voicemail >>> 860-385-1088
To leave or reply to comments, please download free Podbean or
To leave or reply to comments,
please download free Podbean App.